What is Life Coaching?
Whatever you want to change, life coaching will probably help. It is a confidential service that provides you with the support and encouragement necessary to successfully take your life in a different direction. Life coaching helps to identify clear positive goals and then keeps you to stay on track until they are achieved.
What are goals?
Goal setting helps us to have a focus in our lives. They consist of objectives that must reflect our principles and priorities, which are based upon our values. Goals are more effective if they are strategic, compelling, specific, measurable, doable, and supported by detailed action steps.
How do we achieve our goals?
To achieve goals we must ask ourselves:
1) What it is that we want?
2) Why we want it?
3) What price are we willing to pay for it? This will include letting go of old negative beliefs and attitudes.
We must have:
1) A sense of purpose with a target to aim for.
2) Determination and motivation will be required.
3) Controlling our negative self-talk is vital.
4) We need to have commitment and persistence.
5) We must also commit to others and ourselves in order to achieve successful goal setting
People fail to set goals because:
They fear failure, success, criticism, rejection or feeling foolish etc.
2) They are unaware of the concept or do not know how to set goals.
3) They fail to see the need for or importance of setting goals.
4) They do not take goal setting seriously. What has become obvious over the years is that some people are all talk having loads of “ahh ha” light bulb moments but fear taking action. They remain stuck in the past because of fear of the uncertainty of the new. The one thing we do know is that life is uncertain and if we don’t embrace uncertainty we cannot successfully create the changes that we so desire for a happier healthier life.
5) They have poor self-image and lack Confidence or personal responsibility. Their image of self will not allow them to get there whatever the dream.
Is Life Coaching For You?
If you answer yes to any of the following questions then this down-to-earth cognitive approach to therapy may just be for you.
Is there an aspect of your life that’s not working for you?
Has the fun and enjoyment gone out of your life?
Are you unhappy in your career, or do you seek promotion?
Are you stressed out at home or work and require work/life balance?
Is lacking in confidence and self esteem preventing you from being all that you can be?
Do continuous feelings of fear stop you from taking the necessary action in your life?
Are you seeking to change negative patterns, behaviours and old unhelpful habits that aren’t working for you?
Maybe you want to start your own business or go back to college to re-educate. Has finding a partner been difficult?
If the answer is yes, then give me a call and I will help you get to the root of the cause and motivate you to create lasting change in your life.
Call me on my Mobile 086 8394162